Top 10 Reasons I love going to the annual Medford Pear Blossum Parade:
10. Biggest item in parade is horses.
9. Old tractors are so cool to look at!
8. Where else do you see a float dedicated to square dancing?
7. Free candy for kids (even if it is stolen from someone elses child or taken off the ground).
6. The parade always includes some skinny dude dressed as spider man.
5. The entourage of “Mary Kay Cars” for their highest sellers.
4. $5 cotton candy, $7.50 kettle corn, $2 balloons and 4 children crying for all of it.
3. The fattest baby competition winner on display (never as big as any of my kids were).
2. 85 year old shriners driving gocarts like they are the police brigade. Oh, and don’t forget their cone hats!
1. People watching, People watching, People watching!