These are the things that I absolutely loved about Christmas:
1. This note that Andrew wrote for Santa that he placed under the Christmas tree.
2. Homemade Christmas decorations made by my kids (primarily Andrew). And yes, there was enough Christmas snowflake paper scraps to drive me nuts for an entire month. And yes, I am still finding it everywhere.
3. Having Steven and Brianne at our house Christmas morning. Especially their dog Leilla at our house and seeing how excited my kids were for Leilla to open her dog biscuits.
4. Having my husband home Christmas morning despite the fact he was on call Christmas. I am grateful drunks stayed off the roads overnight and women weren’t laboring!
5. Having Anne, Taylor, and Blaine here at our home christmas morning was a super bonus: 1) How cute is Blaine and how fun is the excitement on Christmas morning with toddlers! and 2) Taylor, your poached eggs benedict (that was it right?) was divine. Christmas breakfast was perfect! 3) Anne, thanks for being so excited about day-old donuts and a Chi!
6. Watching the kids open their Christmas presents and especially the special present from Dad to each of them (see Sophie).
7. Jill: “Roger, aren’t you proud of me I toned it down this year.”
Roger: “Jill, we have different definitions of toning it down.”
8. Seeing how excited Brian was by the gift Steven and Brianne made for him. He has it proudly displayed in our kitchen and even tonight says it needs a more prominent spot in our house!
9. Getting the most amazing thank-you card from my sister-in-law Brianne stating how much fun she had in Oregon for Christmas and that we were a part of that. And Steven, you are not that bad either.
10. This wasn’t that bad either.