I have to admit that I have the coolest mother-in-law. She does so many things for me on a daily basis without complaint. Just recently I was having a conversation with her about how much she helps me and she said she hardly does anything for me. Well, here is a list of the “hardly anything” she does for me just in the past two weeks.
1. I called her from preschool to tell her I forgot my girl’s apples they were suppose to bring and I didn’t have time to go home to get them and she was willing to run over with apples. Then, 2 minutes after I hung up, I call to tell her nevermind, they have extras. (I know within that 2 minutes she had showered/changed/and was rummaging in the fridge for apples).
2. She takes my girls to school in the morning every mon-wed-fri at 9am.
3. She brings storyboard books for the kids to look at during church to keep them quiet along with that precious package of fruit snacks for each of them.
4. She reassures me my kids are my jewels and to just enjoy them when she can tell it has been a trying day. In fact, she will take the said “trying” child home with her when needed.
5. She picks up 30 pound-o-Ethan as he loves to be held by his Nana despite the potential backbreaking possibilities.
6. She babysits at the drop of a dime when I need the kids watched.
7. She does all my mending, Brian’s mending, my kids mending, including a new jacket I tore on my mini-van just yesterday.
8. She cooks pot roast or bakes a chicken for dinner on Sundays.
9. She brang us chicken soup when we were all a little sick two weeks ago.
10. I won’t even mention how much the kids love her TJ Max habit.
11. She will fix Brian lunch if he is in between cases and calls her. (This, despite the fact he could call his own wife!!!)
12. She brings me my organic egg supply weekly.
13. She cooks goodies and saves one for us. This week: pumpkin muffins.
Let me just remind you this has all been in the past 2 weeks. My list could be endless. I love you Rozanne.
P.S. I just wish all her grandkids were living here in Medford and all her daughters/in-laws could feast upon my good luck having Rozanne in town!